Monday, August 23, 2010

a deep and primal yearning

I picked this dress up a few weekends ago after stalking it for awhile, waiting for it to go way on sale...final score 75% off. Triumph! I've been wanting one like this for awhile, it's a common style from the label and I still regret not picking up the grape-printed Atlantic Sunday dress from a few seasons back. This one is pretty bonkers though, I love it. I was looking in my closet today mulling over the perfect occasion to wear it, and then I realized that Monday was a perfect occasion, so I decided to go out and start researching my next story for one of the magazines I write for. Fortunately this aspect of my job involves shopping. Not bad, life, not bad.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dress, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania. Shoes, Marni.


My travels led me to Neiman Marcus, where I discovered that the Prada FW10 dresses so far are epically, stunningly, stupidly beautiful. This one was my favorite, but really they're all beautiful, the fits divine, the skirts just swingy enough, the whole collection made me yearn for fall. And money. Mostly lots and lots of money.

I also lurked the Marc by Marc Jacobs section at every department store I hit, and I'm pleased to report that so far it is all seriously covetable in person, the white Bronte lace dress in particular, and don't even get me started on the sweaters. I could have sworn I heard autumn calling to me, but it was just the mercury breaking through the thermometer again. Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment