Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Adventures in Yamhill County

sunset

Just got back from visiting my grandparents in Dundee, Oregon. I spent a week up there with them going antiquing, eating out, and playing many many games of cards and dominoes. I decided to start wearing vintage souvenir badges and pins, and that will commence pretty soon. I could pretty contentedly go antiquing every day, it's that perfect combination of history lesson and treasure hunt, and I've found some pretty great stuff for pretty low prices.

Of course, like any sort of shopping trip, there's always the one that got away (vintage blue candy striper's uniform, why didn't you fit me?) and the ones that were juuuust out of my price range (original General Electric calender with Maxfield Parrish's Reveries, why aren't you on my wall RIGHT NOW?), but I still came home with a decent haul. I'm sure many of those pieces will crop up on this blog as I invent reasons to wear them, like it's Thursday and I have to go to the store.


I'm a tree!

In the meantime, I had my Grammy take a bunch of pictures of me in this little park. This one's my favorite. I'm a tree! I ended up giving her this GAP sweater from last fall. She loved it more than I did.

pink

This is a dress of hers that she wore to my parents' wedding. My parents plan to renew their vows next autumn, and I think I might wear this for kicks. It's actually backwards - the front of it is higher, but Grammy wore and preferred it this way. Scandal!

city on a hill

Oregon wine country is almost gorgeous enough for me to look past the weather. Almost.

yeah Ed Hardy

Finally, from the bowling alley: have you ever SEEN classier stickers? No, I know. No one has.

No comments:

Post a Comment