Tuesday, December 14, 2010

there's a place downtown

Things I have been lately:

1. Cranky.
2. More obsessed than usual with the 1920s.
3. Trying to write an article on how to dress for a date on Valentine's Day, an enterprise that leaves me feeling mopey at best and nihilistic at worst.

This perfect storm of emotion led me to this outfit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
1920s dress, eBay. Gloves, Comme des Garcons.


Paired with Docs for a teenage Morticia Addams vibe. Practically everything I've bought lately has been black. I'm either entering a Gothic phase or I need to stop dressing in tune with my mood. Red and pink for Valentine's Day, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I say embrace your Gothic phase! I have been embracing my own inner goth periodically since August and it's been a fun time.

    That dress is badass. I should bring my less historically-significant all-black all-lace outfit with me in January and we can be creepy bride of Satan twins, y/y?

    ReplyDelete